Hosts and participants in Zoom meetings can start and stop video on their computer camera. You may also add a virtual background when your video is active.
- Place your mouse in the meeting window.
- A bar will appear with several icons. Locate and click in the bottom left.
- Your video camera will be active. Adjust the camera angle to ensure that you appear on the screen.
- To stop your video, place your mouse in the meeting window.
- Click . Your computer’s camera will be deactivated.
For many end users of Zoom, it may be convenient to replace the background from their home office with a virtual background. The virtual background will cover up your actual background.
- In your web browser, go to https://usc.zoom.us/.
- Click Settings.
- Under Meeting, click In Meeting (Advanced).
- Scroll down to Virtual Background and turn the option on.
- In the Zoom app, turn on your video.
- Select and then Choose Virtual Background.
- On the Settings screen:
- Click to select a background, or
- Click to upload your own background image
- Close the Settings screen by clicking in the upper right-hand corner. Your old background will now be replaced with the new background. This will be the default for future meetings.