- Familiarize yourself with TrojanSecure, USC’s information security program provided by USC’s Office of the Chief Information Security Officer.
- Check back frequently for newly added Information Security Tips on TrojanSecure.
- The tips page includes recommendations for best practices for securing both USC’s data and your personal information.
Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA)
- Multi-Factor Authentication for USC systems: Ensure your Duo Two-Factor Authentication is enabled on your phone or mobile device.
- Multi-Factor Authentication for personal accounts and email: This free resource includes a list of sites and services that offer multi-factor authentication along with setup instructions.
USC Secure Storage
- Familiarize yourself with USC’s Data Protection Policy, which includes USC data classification types.
- Refrain from keeping information on your devices or in email that you wouldn’t want to become public knowledge.
- This especially includes confidential information such as (but not limited to) social security numbers, banking numbers, student data, protected health information, tax information, etc. Instead, use approved USC Secure Storage options for this type of data or contact email@example.com for more information on securing USC confidential data.
Personal Information Secure Storage
- Bookmark TrojanSecure to catch any updates in guidance on best practices for securing information based on evolving threats and opportunistic cybercriminals’ behaviors. Use our printable Secure Storage and Handling Brochure as a quick reference guide.
- Always make sure you are on a secure Wi-Fi connection. Unsecured connections leave you vulnerable to hackers.
Clear Desk, Clear Screen
- Even though you may be in your own home working, it is important to protect your information by locking your computer or mobile device screens.
- This will keep children or other household members from inadvertently downloading malicious software or accidentally deleting data. For more information, visit TrojanSecure’s Clear Desk, Clear Screen page.