- Work with your manager to ensure you have all the equipment you need to transition to remote work.
- Follow the appropriate equipment check-out procedure for your department or unit. If you are unsure of the procedure, speak to your manager.
Before transitioning to remote work, make sure you move any files to cloud storage. Never keep information on your computer or in email that you wouldn’t want to become public knowledge.
- ITS provides two different options for online storage of files and documents for USC staff, including Google Drive and Microsoft OneDrive for Business.
Office Set Up
Transitioning Your USC Office Space
- Since you will be away from your desk phone, follow the instructions to update your voicemail greeting.
Setting Up Your Home Work Space
Make sure you have tested your access to the following equipment at home:
- Laptop or desktop computer.
- Microphone – this may be built into your laptop or computer, or you may use an external device such as a USB microphone or headset.
- Webcam – a camera may already be built into your laptop, but you can also use an external USB camera for video conferencing.