ITS will provide regular updates on Zoom functionality and procedures to enable you to successfully start, join and collaborate through Zoom.
Minor Changes to Zoom Functionality
- Remove the meeting ID from the title bar
- The meeting ID will no longer be displayed in the title bar of the Zoom meeting window. The meeting ID can now be found by clicking on the info icon at the top left of the client window or by clicking Participants, then Invite.
- Invite button under Participants
- The button to invite others to join your Zoom meeting is now available at the bottom of the Participants panel.
- Local file transfer in meeting chat
- File transfer in meeting chats have been re-enabled. Third-party file transfers and sharing clickable links are still disabled.
Renaming Has Been Disabled
Starting Friday, April 10, 2020, ITS will be removing the ability for participants to rename themselves. The names displayed in Zoom will only be those attached to the authenticated accounts.
Changes to Zoom Cloud Recordings
Starting Friday, April 10, 2020, ITS will be implementing a plan to lock down Zoom cloud recordings so that only authenticated users can view cloud recordings. Authenticated users are those who log in with usc.edu and Zoom.us domains
The download of cloud recordings has also been disabled, so authenticated users will need to return to the cloud recording links to rewatch a recording.
Changes to HIPAA Compliant Zoom Recordings
The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) Privacy Rule establishes national standards to protect individuals’ medical records and other personal health information. The Rule requires appropriate safeguards to protect the privacy of personal health information, and sets limits and conditions on the uses and disclosures that may be made of such information without patient authorization.
To remain compliant with HIPAA protocols, Zoom recordings that discuss or cover HIPAA-related information cannot be saved in the Zoom Cloud. Visit our page to view the steps on how to save HIPAA Compliant recordings on Zoom.